Friday, May 13, 2011

Picture Inspiration - Week 11

Looking into the distance was the assignment this week. The prompt initially made me think of broad expanses and landscapes. I do some of that and you can see a few of them on my website

I looked in my recent archives for some newer shots that might qualify for this assignment. This shot was taken on a road I travel multiple times a day, shuttling the boys hither and yon. Late one February afternoon, I found the sun and clouds competing for bragging rights. I can't take credit for this beauty. While the image is SOOC (straight out of camera), nature was in full control of this one.


This next image is a fun shot I took while hiking the Grotto Falls Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. My hubby and sons hiked ahead while I was sidetracked by some interesting roots. As I looked up from the dirt, I spied them walking away. Perfection for me...close focus with some mystery in the background. My favorite.


The above image garnered a comment from my class instructor ("Fantastic perspective!"). This was a first for me. I don't know if she passes those out frequently as I haven't seen many of her comments on other assignments. But it could be like at my kids' schools where every child gets a "Character" award at some point during the year. Possibly, but I'll just continue to think that she just really likes this image.

And finally, I submitted this stunning yellow field that sits on the banks of the Shenandoah River near Luray, Virginia.



Gesundheit!

No comments:

Post a Comment